Newbie.

Monday 12 January 2009

Today was my first day in my new job. I can't say that I enjoyed it but a new job is a new job and, as anyone who has ever had a new job knows, the first day is well...actually, the first few months are, well...

I am now a laboratory assistant - I have never been a laboratory assistant before so you can imagine how I felt when I was presented with things to measure, solutions to add for listeria or salmonella testing. It is fair to say a rabbit in headlights is better off. I did what I was told, asked if I wasn't sure or plain forgot what I had been told, and got on with it - it's all you can do really. Off course, everyone there has been for a while, they know what they are doing, got their routines worked out - the best time for a break, can tell how long a job is going to take etc, etc and know each other.

Shit, I hate being the frecking newbie!

On a positive note if I hadn't got this job I would be frecked so I'm stuffed and have to 'put up with it'.

0 comments: