There's Hope For The Monkeys Yet

Wednesday 7 January 2009

I have decided to set up a new award - I have neither a trophy or any form of physical prize to give for this award but the title should be award enough...

There's Hope For The Monkeys Yet

Yes, if there is a news item about a person, (monkey), who has done something to show some good sense and demonstrate some hope for our sorry species then they will be awarded that prestigious title.

The first reciprocate is a bit of a surprise but that's good, when someone you don't expect to impress you does then it's a happy event - Sir Stuart Rose, the chief executive of Marks and Spencer's.

Why have I awarded him the title...well? For once a 'big boss' is actually displaying some sense and, possibly, understanding as he will not be taking a pay rise this year or a bonus, well no more of a bonus then his staff. This seems a rare thing in an age of the 'big boss' screwing the workers over, (in the case of the w..bankers the globe), it might well be a bit of good P.R. too but heck, I'll take whatever signs of 'sense' I can get!

See link below for a more detailed and full story -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7816414.stm

Talking about bankers it seems Barclays are pulling the plug on some jobs...ahh, just when I was enjoying that rare bit of hope.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7815759.stm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I like the new look. I think there is no hope and we are the next dinosaurs waiting for the meteorite.

The Redundant Girl said...

Thank you, I like to think I know how to 'look'.

The dinos were much more interesting, maybe they're in for a second chance...hmmm?

Hawkfall said...

Like your blog. Just found my way here from Oswaldo's place.

Oh, and your Avatar rocks!