Blue Christmas.

Thursday 18 December 2008

I am depressed.

Completely.

Frecking doomed.

Wondering why the freck I'm bothering...


The unemployment figures are not good - they are heading to the two million point with the loud accomplishment of a raspberry being blown. The spittle is landing on many heads leaving a horrible, sticky, residue in it's wake. What makes it worse is that the affected heads, generally, belong to the innocent and wretched...namely me - okay, maybe not 'innocent' in my case but certainly wretched.

I made another visit to the gov.uk website - it isn't something I like doing but yesterdays news mentioned something about further training for the likes of me so, I braved another look. I sat there, reading the guff, and felt my spirits sink to my feet - I was looking for some straight forward help but all I got was a feeling akin to trying to swim through syrup. The reason I am unemployed is not my fault but I feel that it is, thanks to the stigma attached to being out of work and, the lack of any actual care from those who are supposed to help you.

It is clear that the situation is going to get worse - they are talking about further big name employers facing trouble in the new year - so, are we all, (the jobless), just going to be labelled with the negative stigma and left to rot? It seems so so, those of you who do have a job especially a decent job, count yourself lucky because you are become one of the fortunate.


You don't know the half of it Elvis, me old mucker!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For gawd sake women pull yourself together its always darkest before the dawn un'stuff!(I am not very good at this motivational stuff)

Happy Christmas!

The Redundant Girl said...

Hang on, I just need to get the bits that have come apaaaart and...now where's that sticky tape...ooo now that's going to hurt...?!!

Season Greetings!