Oh Santa, A Ac Adaptor Would Just Be Lovely...

Saturday 13 December 2008

The last few days have not been good - it started when, as I plugged the power lead into my laptops ac adaptor, a buzzing, spark like sound was uttered forth. Sighing loudly I sunk back in my chair and grumbled at my boyfriend - between the two of us we decided that it was the power lead and not, the ac adaptor that was the problem although, I did have doubts - with my luck it was a miracle it wasn't, (censored so not to tempt fact), because that would have meant I would have to hurt someone.

I searched eBay and found myself a cheap, clover leaf power lead and within a few days, it was in my hand; as I plugged it in I allowed myself to smile because it was going to be okay now.
(laughs) I was wrong.
It turned out that it was, after all, the sodding ac adaptor. Now, it is fortunate that I have some computer knowledge and, minor technical ability. I knew that I didn't have to brave Acer customer service to find the correct adaptor; I understood the information on my current adaptor, there was hope that a fortune wouldn't have to be spent to get my hands on a new one.

This time eBay could not help me no, my new knight in shinning armour was Amazon. Universal ac adaptors my friends are a Grud send yes, all you need is the right voltage and the right pin connection to your laptop and away you go!!

Which is why I can right this blog ON my laptop powered by a lovely Trust universal ac adaptor which has the brightest freaking blue, power light you can imagine, really, it's putting my Chrimbo lights to shame!



Here's the ever worthy Linus...

0 comments: