The Good Interview.

Monday 29 December 2008

Something shocking happened this morning, you're going to have to get a glass of something and find a supportive chair to sit in before you read further...

...I had a good interview.

There, told you it was shocking.

This mornings interview had been arranged prior to Christmas; I feared I might allow my nerves and general attachment to worry, spoil the festive season but I managed to have a very good Christmas. Everything went happily along Christmas day, the cooking turned out fine, the roast pots came out crispy and the meat was cooked to a 't'. I got some nice pressies, yes, Christmas day was perfect so much so the thought of the oncoming interview did not even cross my mind. Boxing day was also clear of any worry despite being at my parents that day, (what a worry they can be), so this Christmas was the best in ages. Even the universal remote that I had brought, (see previous post about my TV not working), miraculously decided to work.

So, today arrives. I had done the usually, read about the company, made a mental note of the interesting bits on their, 'About Us' page on their website; generally made sure I knew what they did. I was calm, uncommonly so, not a hint of stress - it helped that I already felt a little relaxed towards the person that was to interview me, (we had already exchanged several e-mails and had arrived at first name terms and, almost, chatty notes), which seems to have helped. I knew where the place was, as its near where my guy works, so had no fears about getting there, no panic about getting lost and being late no, I knew where I had to go and how to get there.

I arrived in time, meet with a friendly welcome and was given a very interesting tour around the place. I asked loads of questions, was chatty, (not like me), and relaxed, considering the situation. Sitting down, we had a nice chat, further questions, the usual things and I sat there thinking that for the first time in ages I might just be 'clicking' with someone. No sweaty hands and no tensed up muscles, a small miracle!

The interview ended well and I left the place feeling close to bursting in to happy tears. Was it possible I could do this interview thing, was it possible that I didn't have to worry myself so much that I gave myself chest pains, was there hope?

Anyway, I should hear the outcome early nest week. I am not banking on anything despite the fact I felt the interview went well, after all, one persons, 'going well' is another persons, 'fuck up'! I'll shall just allow myself to bask in the lovely relief of a interview that feels as if it's gone well, a rare thing...(happy sigh).


You and me both Charlie, me old mate!

2 comments:

Susanta said...

Nice one...that's true..keep trying..never quit.

The Redundant Girl said...

(installs the stiff upper lip mode)

Thanks!