It's Begining To Look A Lot Like Christmas.

Monday 15 December 2008

There we were, (my other half and me), putting up the Christmas decorations last Saturday afternoon. He had braved the loft, (climbing up the steps in his Mr Grumpy slippers), and found the aged old boxes containing the equally, aged old decorations. For years we have been saying that 'next Christmas' we would get new decorations, like Hell - there was always something that happened to make money short so that we could not afford them. This year, me being made redundant was the latest in, 'something that happened' so, there we were, him handing the boxes down to me, both of us muttering about the same old tatty decorations.

I tackled decorating the dinning room while he, faced the untangling of the lights. One set was frecked so we were down to the one box of lights - could be worse. Picking out the best of the hanging decorations and the tinsel I managed to make the dinning room look half decent. With some further careful choices the front room became Christmas-fied. Even my skull, (who lives on top of a CD rack), entered into the spirit with a Santa hat on his head.

We viewed our work and came to the conclusion that it was a job well done but that we REALLY SHOULD get some new decorations next year...will that pig ever fly?!

With that in mind lets drive Paul O'Grady to insanity...


0 comments: