I Do Not Belong Here.

Thursday 20 November 2008

Well, do you want to know how my job interview went today? As I can't here your response I'll presume that you do.

Firstly, I'll fill you in on the events just prior to it. The nerves, the self-doubt and the fear you know how it goes, (or do you?). I did reasonably well yesterday apart from a slight funny moment in the evening. I actually apologised to my other 'arf, as we were doing the washing up after dinner - apologised for screwing up. He was a bit bemused at what I meant until I explained that I would screw up the interview and let him down. Being the man he is, he told me off and backed that up, with a firm statement that I had not let him down and he did not think I would. He's a gem that man of mine. I got his point though, I was apologising for screwing up something I hadn't screwed up and really that was helping no-one.

I wasn't too bad this morning; read through some info. about the company, wrote down a few more questions and decided that I could do this...yes Sir, this gal can do this shit....yeah! (mentally punches the air with her fist).

I got there early, sat in the car for a few moments to compromise myself, which I needed because I had nearly taken the wrong turning to the place. After a huge intake of breath and a quick mental word to myself I embarked onwards.

As soon as I entered the foray I knew that I was out of my league. In the swish world of top executive brown leather chairs, decor to impress what's-her-name who does that programme about people decor...yes, it was plain to little-miss retail/customer service background that she had entered a realm she had no business being in.

I did my best, honestly I did. I was polite, listened, asked questions, smiled and tried to show a happy, enthusiastic person but fear that my face showed that I knew I did not belong there.

Bollocks!

Anyway, at least my palms weren't sweaty - there's a first...(sad sigh).

0 comments: