Who Me...No Sergeant?!

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Who me, what, really, a interview, what Thursday...seriously!!??

Yes, it's true, just when I was about to carry on from my first post the oddest of things happened, I got asked to go for an interview. Not bad considering that I had only e-mailed my C.V. (to said person), that morning, (yesterday), and I am not at all accustomed to getting a reply to such things, (thoughtful pause). Thinking about it, that makes me sound like someone who someone else, would not want to reply to...(another thoughtful pause)...not altogether false.

The last time I was asked to go for an interview was months a go; I had reached the point of surrender after all, just the curtsy of a, 'Dear John' is a novelty in my world, (is that me or is that the way it is now?), so an actually invite to meet is a shock. I am so shocked that I am yet to get nervous about it which is not at all like me. Interviews have a nervous effect upon many people but with me it can be as ridiculous as getting the shakes and sweaty palms, the later of which I don't get any other time. What goes on in a persons system to cause it to come to the conclusion that making the palms sweat is going to help? The human body is equipped with many modes to protect itself but really, what help do sweaty palms provide? None for crying out loud!

Back on point - the interview.

Ironed my outfit so I can, at least, attempt at being presentable. Skipped through the website, (of the company I have the interview at), and taken some notes. Read through the job description, just to check that neither them or me, have had a funny turn in relation to going to this thing. Thought up some appropriate questions. Now, is there anything I've forgotten - probably? Anyway, it's not as if I'm going to get the darn thing which yes, is not the attitude but it certainly is, what experience has taught me so far.

Now, if I could only win the lottery tonight then I wouldn't have to frecking go!



I have to have a yarn about what's happened today in regards to John Sergeant and the whole 'Strictly Come Dancing', bollocks.

I have an important point to make on this matter...wait for it...it's important...
The Strictly judges are told to judge the dancing of the contestants. The public are told to, vote for their favourites. Two different agendas there folks so, logic suggests, two different outcomes will arise. There is no point moaning about the public when you are asking them to do something different from the judges. Unfortunately, this has lead to John Sergeant stepping down from the show which is a shame as he has done nothing wrong. Good spirited, good sportsmanship, good humour and a whole good guy thing has made him the nations favourite and a possible national treasure.

I guess it proves a point, the public might like you but that means nowt in the world of dance!

0 comments: