That's Another Fine Mess You Got Me Into!

Friday 28 November 2008

After a bad night of ineffective sleep, I woke with a odd calmness - didn't I have a interview to attend? - yes I did - so, why calm? - well, who knows, calm I seemed to be if, somewhat sleepy with it.

Had my breakfast, got spruced up, (again), and set off for my second interview of the week. Now, I had read the job advert and was fairly certain I could cover the basics, it was just that I had never been a Clinical Trials Administrator before. I had some notion of what clinical trials entail - the testing of drugs etc, etc.

I arrived in plenty of time, took a seat, (as told), and awaited the interview. To this point I had managed to maintain a calm but something was stirring, the knowledge that after a calm spell the storm hits. I'm over doing it using the word, 'storm', but it does some up what happened next...

I started to get a coughing fit. Yesterday, (after that days events), I had seemed to descend into a case of the coughs, husky voice and slight fever. It had lessened when I got up this morning but, sat there, waiting to me called, it returned. I was greeted by one of my interviewers, to which I responded with a coughing fit - taken to the interview room, asked to sit, coughing fit followed. From then on in things fell apart. The coughing made me self conscious; I could feel my cheeks blazing up with embarrassment and when I was asked if I knew what clinical trials were I responsed with a babbled load of nonsense, (coughs in between), I knew there was no saving this interview.

I walked out of that building feeling like bollocks! The only good thing was that the coughing had suddenly disappeared! Plainly there's no frecking God!

Anyhoo...

On the way home I found myself not heading straight there but, heading for the local cemetery. I should explain that the said cemetery is one of my favourite places. Cemeteries, generally, are places I like; peaceful and full of life...wildlife that is and, stories. Headstones are great inspirations for imagining the lives of people. My local cemetery has the added bonus of a old section - headstones with dates like 1742 that are leaning towards one side with engravings barely readable. It also, has some really old tombs which I lurve.

I took the long walk around the old part of the cemetery, walking slowly so I could take in the peace and calm of the place. Smiled as birds scampered around tree tops, playfully told off trees that dripped dew onto me and delighted at the sight of a grey squirrel sitting on a cemetery bench. I ended up in front of one of the tombs and smiled at the inscription on it's gate, 'I hold the keys to Hell and Hades', impressive to say the least.

By the time I got home, calm had been reinstalled and I absently resigned myself to the fact I wasn't getting that job.

Never miiiiinnnnnd...



Here's some nice music to calllmmmm...

Demon Seed - Nine Inch Nails

and, on that subject...

Demon Seed Trailer, (a good film, watch it, it's grrrreaaat!)

0 comments: