Oh Fuck, I'm Lost!

Thursday 27 November 2008

Preparation, dear reader is a huge percentage of the battle. Yes, in regards to job interviews you need to be prepared so...

Yesterday afternoon I was reading/researching/planning, the same this morning to the point of a nervous, stress level, worthy of a breakdown.

Anyhooo...

Got myself spruced up, gave myself bags of time and then set off...

I got fucking lost!

I had directions, (ain't Google maps a wonder?), and I was half familiar with the route as, along it, is a public, country park, I take my lovely dog Jasper to. Past that, cross the round-a-bout and Bob's ya uncle, as they say. Bollocks was it. No Bob to be seen instead, I ended up in the next fucking county, (it should be noted I live near the border of another county so that does not sound as fucking female as you maybe, sat there, thinking!). The realisation that I was bollocking things up, sent a silent panic through my system so I turned around and tried again.

Now, turning around when you're lost, is not fun - you don't know the road, the area and, you are beginning to start to doubt your ability to drive a car. Bloody hell! So, muggins here heads back and tries to spot the place and....
'bollocks, drove past the sodding...where can I turn...bollocks...here we go, heck there it is...'
...and does a 'Starsky and Hutch' turn into the...er, turning. I'm telling you, loose earth shot into the air. An observer would have either, drove their fist into the air while yelling expletives or, laughed their frecking arse off.

Anyhoo...

Got to the interview with a few minutes to spare.

The interview?

Well, I was sat there trying not to cough, (I've got the start of a chesty one brewing behind my ribs), while a heater was on full blast near me. I tried not to think about how red my face must be, (combination of said heater and near-lost panic), and tried to appear as composed and together as possible, silently, thankful for the glass of water that had been provided.

Now, tomorrow morning I do it again.....ahhhhhhhhhhh!

0 comments: