Thursday's Child.

Monday 24 November 2008

What is it about Thursdays? I ask because I have another interview this coming Thursday, which makes that two on the trot. I could have arranged it for this coming Friday instead but, quite frankly, I like Fridays too much. Not that I dislike Thursdays, you understand, it's more that Fridays, (being the end of the week), have now become akin to a significant day to me. They are the doorway to the weekend, which means, I can allow myself a little bit of relief from the stress and guilt of being jobless.

Being jobless is definitely a case of stress and guilt especially, when you have been out of work for over six months, (as I have), and it can be over-whelming at times. The burden of not feeling as if you're 'pulling your weight', can get to the point of near consuming nastiness. As a rule I tend to feel stress and guilt at the drop of a hat, not a fun thing. I also, suffer from self doubt, low self esteem and so little confidence that a hermit would seem to be living the 'high life' in comparison. Sad really but then I do have an excuse, a crippling, (as in emotional not physical), upbringing and, therefore, a tendency for depression. When I think about it it's amazing that I have have been in 'gainful' employment at all. It's also, amazing that I haven't slashed my wrists...cowardliness is a life safer you know.

0 comments: