Tito Jackson.

Saturday 29 November 2008

This is odd - I'm blogging about the Jackson clan - not something I ever thought I would blog about; the Jackson's, (be it Michael, The Jackson Five or, any other incarnation), are not a subject that I am interested in. I will admit that Michael Jackson has done some good songs but, on the whole, he does not interest me, worry me, yes but I don't think that's all his fault, not with the upbringing and life he has lead.

Anyway...

Tito Jackson. I was not that familiar with him until a programme I watched, (which was on channel four last Thursday night), called 'The Jackson's Are Coming'. It was about Tito Jackson and some of the other Jackson clan, moving to Devon yes, Devon in the U.K. On first thought it might strike you as a bizarre idea as it did me, but having watched it I can understand why Tito Jackson thought that it might have been a good idea.

The Jackson's are not your average, normal family but that is not because they don't want to be. The world looks at Michael Jackson who, without doubt, has 'problems' and the entire Jackson clan is judged by him. A mistake as they are NOT all Michael. Tito Jackson was the guitar player in the Jackson Five, since then he has attempted to have a normal life. Like anyone, he has had to deal with the downers of life, (his e-wife was murdered by her boyfriend), and has endeavoured to find some type of normality. He is an intelligent, thoughtful and caring person who clings onto his privacy yet found himself in a strange situation that this programme followers.

Matt Fiddes, a friend of the Jackson family for years, a bodyguard to Michael in the past, (stemming from the fact he's a martial arts expert and friend of Uri Geller), is a Devon lad. Members of the Jackson clan have stayed with them and somehow, the idea was born that Devon would be a place where Tito and others of the clan could find a peaceful, normal life something that Los Angeles, (there usual home), does not give them. With paparazzi at their gate, helicopters hoovering over their garden I can understand why, a small town in Devon might be appealing.

We presume that all the Jackson's want attention from the media, from us, from the world but Tito and his dear old mum, sure as hell don't. It is unclear who presented the notion that Devon could be a sanctuary from public intrusion, I have a feeling it was Matt Fiddes, I say this because he does not turn out to be the trusted friend Tito believed him to be. To cut a long story short, Fiddes betrays them wanting to use Tito and the Jackson's for his own means.

I found myself feeling desperately sorry for Tito Jackson, he is a man I found myself liking, sympathise with and wishing that he could escape the media and public intrusion. I wanted him to hit Matt Fiddes for his betrayal but ended up admiring him for not doing so instead, he was a model of professionalism and good sense. Plainly the man has been betrayed before.

It was a fascinating programme, an insight into a family who, unfortunately, can never really be 'normal' but that is not their fault. Generally speaking, the Jackson are, at heart, like any other family, yes there's the whole Michael thing but the rest of them just want to get on with living.

I wish Tito and his family well; I do hope that they do manage 'normal' but I fear that a combination of the media, the public and the on-going strange goings on in Michael Jackson's life will never allow that.

0 comments: